[Xorp-hackers] simple syntax error in fea/ifconfig_parse_ifreq.cc

Yonghong Ren ren@sandmail.sandburst.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 04:06:59 -0500

Hi Pavlin,

This was on an embedded Linux system (from ELDK).  You are right, the
syntax error would not be exposed unless SIOCGIFCONF is not defined. I
manually added HAVE_IOCTL_SIOCGIFCONF in config.h to continue the
compilation.

SIOCGIFCONF detection didn't work. I didn't investigate why.

Thanks for replying.

-- Yonghong Ren

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlin Radoslavov [mailto:pavlin@icir.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 6:27 PM
To: Yonghong Ren
Cc: xorp-hackers@xorp.org
Subject: Re: [Xorp-hackers] simple syntax error in
fea/ifconfig_parse_ifreq.cc

> Missing a semicolon at fea/ifconfig_parse_ifreq.cc#61
> The code was fetched from the CVS DB around middle of December.

Yonghong,

Just curious, what OS did you use.
The reason that we didn't seen this compilatione error so far was
because it was hidden by "#ifndef HAVE_IOCTL_SIOCGIFCONF",
and so far all OS versions we have tried do have
ioctl(SIOCGIFCONF).

If your OS also has ioctl(SIOCGIFCONF), then there must be a bug in
the "configure" detection code.