[Xorp-hackers] PIM and IGMP

Weaver John-JWEAVER1 John.Weaver@motorola.com
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:31:16 -0500

Hello all.  I am a newbie to this project and looking for some info.  I am a
developer at Motorola and just recently got screwed over by a vendor on some
protocol stacks and licensing issues.  As opposed to fighting them on it, I
proposed to find an open source project and try and integrate the software
into our code.
Our project is basically a DSLAM chip that we need to run PIM and IGMP on.
We will be running Linux with the 2.6.10 kernel.  One question I have is is
PIM, IGMP, and the route manage stable enough to attempt this?  Can PIM and
IGMP be seperated from the rest of the functionality or would I have to load
everything and just not start them?  Anyone think of any big pitfalls of
going down the XORP route?

Thanks,
John