[Xorp-hackers] XORP per-commit CVS history

edrt edrt@citiz.net
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:37:30 +0800

>> I want to manually merge XORP changesets (during last 4~5 months) to the ported
>> system. But I found it's really hard to merge the changsets in an incremental
>> way (in order to regress) without the per-commit information (like subversion
>> could provides).
>>
>> Old xorp-cvs mailing list is not archived. Do I have other way to access the
>> per-commit history (and desirablly, generate per-commit patch by some tool)?
>
>What about "cvs diff" by date?
>E.g., to see all changes between, say Jan 1, 2005 and May 31, 2005,
>you can use a command like:
>
>cvs diff -u -p -D 2005-01-01 -D 2005-05-31
>
>To see the log messages in that period you can use:
>cvs log -d "2005-01-01;2005-05-31"

Yes, this could be used as a temp solution: First get commit list
using "cvs log -d ...", then grep the file revision entries share
the same cvs log information. Then we can rebuild the per-commit-changset
information.

But, the method is low efficiency, especially when considering
per-commit-changset might contain files distributing at different
directories...

>I don't know if you can get the info per-commit, and I also would be
>interested in finding the answer.

Just for the integrity of XORP codebase history, it would be desirable
if anyone with old xorp-cvs mail archive could contribute and
put it on the XORP website...

Thanks
Eddy