[Xorp-hackers] XORP IPC mechanism is stressed by data plane traffic

edrt edrt@citiz.net
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:47:45 +0800

> > I don't catch the reason (that's why I paste the stack information)
> > But it is triggered by XrlPFSTCPSender::die, and from the stack
> > information it seems that response_handler doesn't return properly.
> > Again, I'm not sure we can reproduce it on XORP CVS HEAD version.
> > Anyway, can we move this to bugzilla and track it there?
>
> Given that the coredump happens in some non-trivially modified code,
> we cannot add it to bugzilla without any source code that
> demonstrates the problem.
>
> I was looking into the particular segment of the
> XrlPFSTCPSender::die() method (that you have commented), and
> that particular piece of code tries to do something clever to invoke
> the pending callbacks in case of error. If that code is
> commented-out, some callbacks may not be invoked as appropriate.

OK. I'll research it more and report back to the mailing list if it is
actually a XORP bug.

BTW, a bug found today by stressing the system you might be interested.
When system is short of mbuf cluster, and setsockopt(SO_RCVBUF) always
return failed. x_comm_sock_set_rcvbuf will loop forever. (delta will be
decremented to become a minus).

Regards
Eddy