[Xorp-hackers] BGP groups

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:21:16 +0100

I don't think all of the wanted functionality is
possible to implement.
Makin something simple work like:
protocols bgp {
  group My_transit_provider {
    local-as 1337;
    remote-as 1338;
    neighbour 1.3.3.7;
    neighbour 1.3.3.8;
    neighbour 1.3.3.9;
    neighbour 1.3.3.10;
    prefix-list out My_prefixes;
  }
}
is feasible.
however:
protocols bgp {
  group My_transit_provider {
    local-as 1337;
    remote-as 1338;
    neighbour 1.3.3.7 {
      prefix-list in peer_1337;
    neighbour 1.3.3.8;
    neighbour 1.3.3.9;
    neighbour 1.3.3.10;
    prefix-list out My_prefixes;
  }
}
is a bit harder. In this case prefix-list
"My_prefixes" is to be used for all neighbours
except 1.3.3.7 where peer_1337 is to be used.

Or is there a way I just don't know of.

   Kristian