[Xorp-hackers] help with FEA

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:05:10 -0700

> Hi, I'm Ver=C3=B3nica, a spanish student of Computer Sciencie, I'm thinking=
>  about developing an application on xorp. I need to analyze some informatio=
> n about a package (it isn't sufficient wiht IP direction) for according to =
> those data, to modify the information of same and redirect it. I have been =
> watching the API FEA and I haven't found a method that allows me to do this=
> . Is it posible? What method I could apply?

It looks like you want to intercept and modify the packets on the
fly. You cannot do this with the XORP FEA. Probably Click will be
your best option.

Then it is up to you to decide whether you need Click (only) without
XORP, or whether you want to run XORP+Click.
If the later, have a look at the fea section inside
rtrmgr/config.boot.sample which contains information how to run XORP
with Click.

Pavlin