[Xorp-hackers] NAT support for XORP

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:01:07 +0100

I think that if the kernel has native NAT support, then XORP should be
able to use it.  But if it doesn't, then it would make sense doing NAT
in the FEA.  As the latter is the lowest common denominator, then it
probably makes sense doing it first, but you'd really want to study
NAT on several platforms with native implementations before getting
started, just to make sure the FEA's API was suitably cross-platform.
A good starting point would be to draft a .xif file for configuring
the FEA to handle NAT, and discuss this on this list before starting
coding.

 - Mark