[Xorp-hackers] show commands

'Kristian Larsson' kristian@juniks.net
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:14:01 +0200

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 06:48:32PM +0200, Patrick Preuss wrote:
> > Compile-time option?
> > Perhaps a little flag saying if the interface has
> > been configured in XORP or not?
>
> Yes I would argue in the same manner for production it would
> Be useful to see all interfaces in the system.
>
> I think it would be nice to have something like a private config,
> Witch define such things like: show all interfaces, interface naming
> convetions, and such things witch "should/could" not be changed during
> "runtime"
I beleive the easiest thing would be compile time
options. In my environment I would compile XORP on
one machine and then distribute it to all my
routers. By setting the appropriate
compile-options I can affect the behaviour of
XORP and being compile-time options I'm sure they
won't change thus reducing number of things that
can go wrong on my production machines.

Introducing a secondary configuration file
increases the complexity quite a lot imho.

   Kristian.