[Xorp-hackers] Size of xorps binaries

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:24:48 -0700

We made an attempt to get shared libraries working last year.

If I remember correctly we discovered that some of our code uses static
initialization, which prevented the building of shared libraries.

It looked like automake requires that all libraries are either shared or
static, which meant we couldn't even move incrementally towards shared
libraries.

	Atanu.