[Xorp-hackers] Size concerns

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:27:14 +0200

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:32:43AM -0500, Weaver John-JWEAVER1 wrote:
> What is the smallest possible size that I could get to for just PIM and IGMP
> with the xorpsh?  This would be the part that I need to put into the root
> file system.  I would assume this is the 'make install' that I do?  I took
> that directory in /usr/local/xorp and stripped everything.  Without bgp and
> rip I am looking at 210MB, is this right?

I just noticed this a little while ago (see my
thread last weekish something).
Anyway try to strip your binaries;
bash;
cd /usr/local/xorp/;
for xfile in `find . -perm 755`; do strip $xfile; done
The usual disclaimer goes for the above.. ;)

You should end up with 10% of the original file
size. To get even lower you have to do more magic
- read the other thread :)

Regards,
Kristian