[Xorp-hackers] OSPFv2 Peering stays in INIT State on Cisco

"Patrick Preuß" deathdealer@gmx.net
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:27:01 +0200 (MEST)

Hello Marc,

i watching the list for a while and it's good to see how far the OSPF code
is
grown, thanks Atanu.

the lasttime i checked out was today moring around 7:30 Europe/Berlin, i
includes version 1.4 of the rib.cmds.

a while ago we had here a problem with ospf on our cisco and enterasys
equiptment, it might be interesting for a test case, sorry but i don't have
the logs any more, the problem was we had begun to configure the router-id
on the cisco, so it would be easier to identify the router, so the enterasys
become the dr and master state in the lan segement, but the cisco doesn't
join because the enterasys does't send the mtu correctly and the second
thing was the enterasys had a problem with the sequence numbering. the
solution/workaround from cisco was to change the router-id and priority so
the cisco will become dr and master. entersys is currently implementing a
fix in the firmware.

the software version on the enterasys was i think somwhere around
E10.0.0.6A, on the ciscos we have IOS versions form 12.3.15 - 12.4.3 in use.

--
best regards
Patrick Marc Preuss

                                  - Sting "Message in a