[Xorp-hackers] FW: boot.config problems?

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:45:29 -0700

> Just tried the non-stripped version and I get the same thing.  I launched it
> with the -v and still get nothing to print.  Has any one ever tried this on
> the PPC?  I am using gcc 3.3.3, autoconf 2.59, and automake 1.8.3.

As Atanu mentioned already, we can run XORP on PPC with MacOS X, but
we haven't tried it on Yellow Dog Linux.
Note that in our setup we are using autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.5
(see README).
The autoconf/automake tools are notorious for creating various
configuration problems between major releases so there could be some
configuration issues with using automake 1.8.3 (though they shouldn
result in suppressing the printed output).

In any case, if you can give us a temporary account on the
problematic machine, we can try to track the problem.

BTW, in your configuration file you have disabled the bootstrap
configuration section and there are no static RPs hence multicast
routing probably won't work if there are no Cand-RPs.
Such configuration would work only if another PIM-SM router is
configured as a Cand-BSR and a Cand-RP.

Pavlin