[Xorp-hackers] XORP SH dumps core on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:15:43 -0700

> > To reproduce the problem with your setup please add your startup
> > XORP configuration file to the bugzilla entry.
>
> Done!

Just for the record, the bug (#171) is fixed and committed to
CVS. Please let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

> is it possible to exened the rtrmrg is aware of all interfaces in the system
> preset interfaces and the types of software interfaces witch can configured.
> most likely the os configured interfaces in the show interfaces marked as
> unconfigured or as os-unconfigured/xorp-unconfigured or stm. like that.

The rtrmgr doesn't contain (by design) any information about
the system itself (or any protocol/module specific information). All
it contains is the configuration, the generic methods as defined
in the rtrmgr templates to (re)configurure the system whenever the
configuration is applied or modified, and the status of each running
module.

It looks like what you need is the "show interfaces" CLI command to
show that information. Yes, it is possible and all that needs to be
done is to modify the fea/tools/show_interfaces binary program to
show that info.
Please add a bugzilla "enhancement" entry with the above request.