[Xorp-hackers] Patch posted for bug 263

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:43:44 -0700

> Justin Fletcher wrote:
> > I've just attached a proposed fix to bug 263: RIP - configuration help
> > formatting.  It updates the help strings to:
>
> Note, that this probably will break again ;).
>
> 1) Pavlin already committed my patch from Xorp bugzilla #530 which will
> make command name part 5 symbols wider than it is in Vyatta at the
> moment.
> 2) We discussed some issues regarding cli commands via mail with Pavlin
> and already agreed to remove unit suffixes from commands (secs and
> msecs). This info belongs to help string.
>
> I'm also in progress to summarise my thoughts regarding these issues and
> hopefully can post them into hackers list later today or tomorrow.
> Hopefully we'll have kind of style guide to avoid this kind of issues in
> future.

On one hand, I'd like to apply the cleanup of the help strings from
Justin. On the other hand, if we are to perform this kind of
cleanup (including the secs/msecs renaming, etc) we should do it
across all template files, otherwise we will have to keep fixing
same issues again and again.

It will be great if we have a style guide for configuration options,
help strings, etc, so I think first we should have the style guide
written and committed to CVS, and then cleanup all templates.

Pavlin