[Xorp-hackers] XORP Testing

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Dec 18 12:00:44 PST 2006

> Here is my test environment. My XORP router is running on a slow
> machine whose root volume is mounted via nfs on eth0. I telnet into
> the XORP router and perform all configurations. Whenever I try to
> anything with eth0, the telnet sessions just freeze up. The telnet
> sessions are also coming through eth0. I would like to know if this is
> normal for the telnet sessions to freeze or is there something wrong
> with my setup or anything else?

What kind of changes do you do with eth0?
Obviously, if you change the IP address or take the interface down,
this will affect all network traffic via eth0 (including telnet and
NFS).
Also, note that other operations like changing the MTU or the MAC
address will trigger (internally in the FEA) taking the interface
down, performing the change and then setting it up again.
Also, have in mind that if there are NFS issues, the interactive
sessions might also be affected.

Regards,