[Xorp-hackers] XORP Testing

Vikram vikram.dhir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 04:00:15 PST 2006

The system freezes when I try to pick up the default-system-config in
any case ie either through the config file or when I commit the
changes using xorpsh.
When any XORP process is starting, there is no freeze but I do receive
a few warnings.

Here is a list of the processes that were running before the freeze occured:-

  PID  Uid     VmSize Stat Command
    1 root       1160 S   /bin/bash
    2 root            SWN [ksoftirqd/0]
    3 root            SW  [watchdog/0]
    4 root            SW< [events/0]
    5 root            SW< [khelper]
    6 root            SW< [kthread]
   10 root            SW< [kblockd/0]
   31 root            SW  [pdflush]
   32 root            SW  [pdflush]
   34 root            SW< [aio/0]
   33 root            SW  [kswapd0]
  104 root            SW< [kseriod]
  133 root            SW< [rpciod/0]
  135 root       1104 S   sh
  140 root        428 S   /usr/sbin/telnetd
  141 root       1080 S   -sh
  142 root       1072 S   -sh
  183 root        924 S   /sbin/syslogd -n
  193 root       1016 S   -sh
  196 root       9760 S   ./xorp_rtrmgr -- -v
  197 root        808 S   tail -f /var/log/messages
  200 root       5308 S   /usr/local/xorp/bin/xorpsh
  201 root       7244 S   xorp_fea
  212 root       5200 S   xorp_rib
  213 root       3136 S   xorp_policy
  214 root       4232 S   xorp_static_routes
  215 root       2892 S   xorp_rl_interfaces
  243 root        984 S   -sh
  248 root       2924 S   xorp_rl_system

I am using a slow system [400Mhz] and the mounted root volume is on
nfs, through eth0 , and have specified default-system-config for eth0
and the problem doesnt go away.
What do you think is the problem?