[Xorp-hackers] Questions on next release, puzzles and mysteries

Jonathan Day imipak@yahoo.com
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:58:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

First off, any idea when the next release is likely to
be? The roadmap (as all roadmaps are wont to be) is
off, but would I be right in assuming it'll be
reasonably soon?

Second, the more I look at network routing protocols,
the more protocols I find. It would be handy if there
was a page listing existant protocols, their
real-world scope, and their priority for being
implemented (NIN being for protocols that won't be
implemented in this lifetime, even if threatened with
a Tandy TRS-80.)

Finally, there is MIT's Click project, which (I seem
to remember) can interact with Xorp. Neither site
seems to list how such interactions occur or, indeed,
why. (I really like to know what I'm doing! :) More
documentation on what Xorp can interoperate with would
be wonderful.

Thoughts?