[Xorp-hackers] State of OSPF

Mike Horn mhorn at vyatta.com
Fri Jun 2 06:04:09 PDT 2006

Hi Kristian,

I have XORP running OSPF with 2 Cisco's (2600, 4500) and a Juniper (J2300)
here, perhaps you could send out your config?  The most common issue I have
seen is that for OSPF to work properly XORP requires that you specify the IP
addres of the interface that is running XORP.

Here's an example:

set protocols ospf4 router-id 10.0.0.50
set protocols ospf4 area 0.0.0.0 interface eth0 vif eth0 address 10.0.0.50

Hope that helps!

-mike