[Xorp-hackers] debian packaging of xorp 1.2

Benjamin Sonntag benjamin at sonntag.fr
Mon Jun 5 09:13:45 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I just created a debian package for xorp-1.2 current.

I did not test it yet on CVS but it should work fluently too.

You can use the debian package just by adding the following to
/etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://benjamin.sonntag.fr/ sarge main

you can download the package source at
http://benjamin.sonntag.fr/dists/sarge/main/source/net/

The only difference with xorp 1.2 standard is the debian/ folder.

If you want to add it to CVS, don't hesitate.
Just one point : the debian/control file contains a quite sparse
description of xorp and xorp-doc. You may make them better since you
know your project very well ...

Last point : we (Gitoyen-NCC, a small french operator based in Paris)
are making some tests of xorp under debian and freebsd, and last quagga
and openbgpd too. We will certainly tell you our conclusion. We want to
be able to route more than 100Mbps on each link on our PC routers, and
stay as free as possible.

See you later,

Regards,

Benjamin Sonntag,