[Xorp-hackers] OSPF not recomputing routes when neighbor "down"

Andy Bavier acb at cs.princeton.edu
Tue Jun 13 10:34:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

When XORP's OSPF decides a neighbor is "down" because it has stopped
responding to Hello packets, I would expect that it would recompute
routes and send out new LSAs.  However, this isn't happening: if a
neighbor crashes, XORP marks it as "down" after 30 seconds... but then
no other action is taken.

This problem is similar to Bug 387, which handles the case when the link
actually goes down -- but here the link is still up and the neighbor is
down.  The fix to Bug 387 was pretty simple.  Can someone suggest a
similar bug fix for a neighbor going down?  I'm not familiar enough with
the XORP code to figure out the right change myself.

Thanks,
Andy