[Xorp-hackers] Per peer policies

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Sat Jun 24 02:32:33 PDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 09:03:22AM +0100, Andrea Bittau wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 01:49:20AM +0200, Kristian Larsson wrote:
> > is per peer routing policies anywhere on the road
>
> Isn't that just the neigbor variable?  Something like:
>
> from {
> 	neighbor: "1.2.3.4"
> }
> then {
> 	/* your per peer policy */
> }
Well, yes. and No ;)
Of course, it can be done this way but it results
in a long and cumbersome policy (imho). I'd rather
have separate policies that I can apply to certain
peers as not to mix things up. A small "neighor
blabla" in the from statement is easily forgotten
;)
Internally XORP would probably handle it just the
same.

   Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
IPv6 & Peering coordinator             SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se