[Xorp-hackers] dist/kernel

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:51:49 +0100

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 02:23:32PM +0100, johan@capvert.se wrote:
>                                                Hi!
>

> I?m not a subscriber yet, but I tried to find out what distribution/kernel
> you?re using, or if you got your own build?
XORP isn't kernel/distribution specific in any
way. It's being developed on a mixture of
platforms such as FreeBSD and Linux.

XORP is regularly compiled on a tinderbox to make
sure it compiles on the supported platforms.

The LiveCD is based on FreeBSD (last time I
checked).

You could also check out the Vyatta project which
is a complete router on a CD based on XORP and
other open source software.

>                Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från
>
>                                  Johan Kragsterman
Hälsningar,
Kristian