[Xorp-hackers] UNH-IOL Test Results

Dave Roberts dave@vyatta.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:19:35 -0800

I posted this to the Vyatta mailing lists a few minutes ago, but figured
the XORP community would be interested as well. Note that this version
of the OFR incorporated a relatively recent version of XORP, just prior
to the recent XORP 1.2. We believe that some of the tests listed as
failing in this report now pass with the most recent versions of XORP
OSPF. Also note that officially, UNH-IOL did *not* test XORP, but rather
a specific version of Vyatta's code and therefore no statements can or
should be made about XORP's test results, since those don't officially
exist. In spite of this, this is good news for the larger XORP community.

------------------

A couple of weeks ago, Vyatta took a version of the OFR code to the
University of New Hampshire's InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL). The lab
does testing of various routing protocols for interoperability and
conformance to the relevant protocol RFCs. Vyatta is a member of the
UNH-IOL and will be sending future releases to the lab for additional
testing.

In this round, we had UNH-IOL focus on the OSPF code.

The full test report can be found here:

http://www.vyatta.com/twiki/bin/view/Community/UnhTestResults

While the code did not pass 100% of all tests, this is a great result.
In conjunction with our sponsorship of the XORP project, Vyatta will be
working to increase that pass rate over time.

If you have any questions, please discuss on vyatta-users.

-- Dave