[Xorp-hackers] Old bug entries

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:04:39 -0800

> Kristian Larsson wrote:
> > could someone please look through the Bugzilla database. There are a few
> > bug entries for which there are patches that have not been commited to
> > CVS. Neither has there been given any reason to why they have not been
> > commited. Would be nice to clean it up a bit :)
>
> No offence, but some patches are in the bugzilla really too long without
> any feedback. I know, I know ... we all have our priorities and just
> don't find time for all stuff we'd like to do, but ...
>
> >From my position it gets harder with every new patch to maintain local
> branch and I'd like to see patches go in or rejected and thrown away. And
> if there is any problem with patches I, as author, can help with, please
> say how. If patch is just crap, wrong, doesn't meet coding standards, you
> don't agree with it at all or whatever, please say so. I fully open to
> discussion regarding my patches.
>
> I meant especially patches in bugzilla entries #463 and #464. But also
> #372 and #516. And I'd be really glad if someone can take a look at #574
> as well, some of these are really obvious problems.

I understand, and I apologize for letting some things not flow as smooth
as everyone would like.

With regard to #463 and #464 I started working on them before the
release, but in the process of integrating the patch I came across
a section that needed more careful testing. Such testing was going
to be time-consuming and we were getting too close to the release to
take the risk to apply the patch so at the end I decided to postpone
the integration after the release. Though, yes, I should have added
at least a note to the bugzilla entry about this.

Right now it is on my TODO list right after the MD5 fix and #574,
because I also want to get rid of my local branch :)

Pavlin