[Xorp-hackers] Old bug entries

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:36:57 +0200

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 04:00:28PM -0800, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:

> > > We are looking at these, but usually things take time to get it done
> > > right. And, yes, even if there is a patch for a solution we still
> > > need to double-check it before applying the patch.
> > >
> > > Though, yes, we should change the status of an entry to ASSIGNED (or
> > > at least put some comment) when possible so the person reporting the
> > > bug is not left wondering about it.
> >
> > I understand you have a lot to do and I have no
> > problem with patches taking a little while to get
> > integrated into the CVS, but when there is
> > absolutely no sign whatsoever of activity it feels
> > like, "why the hell should I care when noone even
> > looks at my work" ;)
>
> I understand and I apologize again for dropping the ball on that.
> From now on we will try to do better job so things are not left in
> the dark.
>
> > To aid you in your efforts I shall try to look
> > through a few bugs and provide additional
> > comments, ie "patch works for me, recommend
> > inclusion in CVS". More help from the community is
> > never a bad thing :)
>
> Thank you.

I would like to see #199 commited to CVS and I
will open up a bug report soon just as I'm sure I
have looked through all the previous. Don't want
to create a duplicate.
Anyway my current problem lies in that my
configuration contains:
        bgp {
            bgp-id: 195.182.5.253
            local-as: 39525
            peer "217.10.127.13" {
                as: 35706
                next-hop: 217.10.127.13
                local-ip: "217.10.127.14"
            }
        }
but xorp_bgp seems to have crashed.
I would now like to do a 'commit full' so that bgp
is restarted. I do not want to loose OSPF
connectivity (ie, don't restart entire XORP) so
currently my only solution seems to be to delete
the bgp part of the configuration and readd it
again.

Anyway, as stated I think the commit command
should be available all the time, as suggest by
#199.

Thank you
Regards,
  Kristian.