[Xorp-hackers] OSPF..

Hasso Tepper hasso at linux.ee
Thu May 4 22:57:09 PDT 2006

Kristian Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 02:15:53PM -0700, Justin Fletcher wrote:
> > While it's true that there are node names that could and maybe
> > should be simplifed, but I don't think this is one of them.  It's
> > straight out of RFC 2328.
>
> Hmm, okey.
>
> I thought that interval was the time between two
> runs of a recurring event. Can't see how the
> dead time thing is a recurring event.
>
> But hey, English is not my native language so what
> do I know? ;)

I thought about this as well while writing cli style guide, but I left it
out for same reason - I'm not native English speaker.

But the idea was same - "-interval" should be used in case of recurring
events only, "-time" or "-timer" (it's better in some cases) in case of
one time events. And there is "-delay" - something is hold back or period
of time (spf-delay in OSPF etc).

--
Hasso Tepper