[Xorp-hackers] VLANs

Patrick Marc Preuss deathdealer at gmx.net
Wed May 10 09:41:58 PDT 2006

Kristian Larsson said the following on 5/10/2006 11:04 AM:
<CUT>
> How far should XORP go, I'm thinking about the
> vrrpd daemon... is this something that can be
> integrated into XORP or is that off limits?

I think it is a good idea most routing platforms have something like
vrrp, in the same line i would see a feature form cisco glbp (Gateway
load balancing Protocol), witch load balances incoming IPv4 LAN Traffic
 from end systems.

Can we make a feature list site where we can see what is planed or
requested may be we can vote for features.

Have anyone seen an article or an implementation for WAN / Application
optimisation, like the Boxes from Peribit/Juniper. What does you think
about such things?

> Keeping it compatible with Linux and *BSD is
> probably something quite trivial but with Windows or
> something else I can imagine it's a whole
> different story.
>
> What I want is to start off somewhere. Right now,
> this seems like some holy grail that noone dare
> touch. By implementing most of the Vyatta work,
> ofcourse with some exceptions, I think we would
> have a good starting point.
YES

> The vif syntax would probably have to change, I
> find the Vyatta way of doing it quite natural.
> Does anyone have any objections against it?
How does Vyatta does this? Can you give me a point to the Docs?