[Xorp-hackers] Rewrite of rtrmgr and xorpsh

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Nov 16 11:44:57 PST 2006

> I browsed the Bugzilla just now and saw #677
> I'm a bit curious to where the limitations of the
> current rtrmgr and xorpsh lies?

They are not maintainable.

> What great new features might one expect from this?
>  :)

None.
The purpose of the rewrite is to have simple and clean
implementation.

> This is rather nitpicky but there's one feature
> I'd like to see, not sure if it's in anyway
> related to #677 though, and that is to simply have
> a parameter set to true or false based on whether
> it's present or lacking in the configuration.
>
> like:
> interface fxp0 {
> 	vif fxp0 {
> 		disable;
> 	}
> }
>
> instead of disable = true/false.

Please add this request to the bugzilla entry.
If the new implementation is simple and clean enough, it _might_ be
easier to add later features like this, but don't count on that.

> Last but not least, is this something high
> priority or something rather far down on the
> priority list?

It is very low priority, and it might never happen, because most
likely it would have to be done in some spare cycles.

Regards,
Pavlin