[Xorp-hackers] XORP process Stub Library (.a) not created

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed Apr 4 13:04:30 PDT 2007

> I am trying to write a XORP Process for the first
> time. I have created a sch_mul.xif file in the
> interfaces folder and am executing the following
> command
>
>  $cpp sch_mul.xif | python clnt-gen
>
> This generated the .hh and .cc file but the
> libschmulxif.a file is not generated. I have also
> modified the Makefile.am and Makefile.in to include
> the details regarding this process.

You need only to modify Makefile.am as described in the xorpdev-101
document: "An Introduction to Writing a XORP Process" available from
http://www.xorp.org/design_docs.html

First, make sure that you have installed the appropriate
autoconf/automake/libtool tools (the versions should be as close as
possible to those described in the top-level README).
When you run the ./bootstrap script in the top-level XORP directory
it will generate the Makefile.in files for you.
Then, when you run the ./configure script it will generate the
final Makefile files.
Finally, running "gmake" will compile the libraries (including your
libschmulxif.a). Note that typically the *.a libraries are generated
inside the .libs subdirectories.

BTW, if you follow the xorpdev-101 instructions for modifying the
Makefile.am file then you don't need to run the "cpp sch_mul.xif |
python clnt-gen" command by hand. It will be automatically executed
for you when you run "gmake".

Regards,