[Xorp-hackers] Generating the XRL interface

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Aug 28 17:14:55 PDT 2007

Luca Giraudo <luca.giraudo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to writing a XORP process like Damien Leroy, but something
> doesn't work.
>
> I am using the CVS version of XORP, and I have installed:
> * autoconf 2.59 (from Fedora Core 6: which autoconf -> /usr/bin/autoconf)
> * autoconf 2.61 (which autoconf261 -> /usr/local/bin/autoconf261)
> * automake 1.9.6 (from FC6: which automake -> /usr/bin/automake)
> * automake 1.10 (which automake110 -> /usr/local/bin/automake110)
> * libtoolize 1.5.22
>
> I don't modify the "bootstrap" because the variables (ACLOCAL, AUTOCONF,
> ..., LIBTOOLIZE) are correct.
> So, I run ./bootstrap, but the output is:

> aclocal110 -I config
> configure.in:39: error: Autoconf version 2.61 or higher is required
> configure.in:39: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
> aclocal110: autom4te failed with exit status: 63
> Error running 'aclocal110 -I config'
>
> I think that aclocal110 finds only the old version of autoconf, but I don't
> know how to resolve this trouble.

We have Fedora 7 installation and the default installation for
autoconf (i.e., the installation for executable /usr/bin/autoconf)
is 2.61 so we can't use that to reproduce your problem.

If you just run "aclocal110 -I config" from the top XORP directory
do you still get the same error?

If you haven't solved the problem yet, can you try pointing
/usr/bin/autoconf to autoconf261. This might not be the cleanest
solution, but it appears that /usr/bin/autoconf is invoked in some
indirect way (e.g., either via aclocal110 or some other program
autotool-related program called by aclocal110).

Regards,