[Xorp-hackers] Query regarding XRL's

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Feb 13 10:26:19 PST 2007

Ashish Karpe <ashishkarpe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We want to add a xrl interface for our module(pim bidir).
> We followed the steps as mentioned in the document "Adding Process To XORP".
> We wrote a /xrl/interface/pimbidir.xif
> and  /xrl/target/pimbidir.tgt
> also we modified makefiles in each of directory.But files (.cc & .hh)
> which were suppose to generated by Python Scripts are not genetated.
> The modifications we did are follows :
>

> In File /xrl/interfaces/makefile.am
>
> # PIMBIDIR Interface
> noinst_LTLIBRARIES += libpimbidirxif.la
> libpimbidirxif_la_SOURCES = pimbidir_xif.hh pimbidir_xif.cc
>
> In File /xrl/targets/makefile.am
> ..
> ..
> tgt_files		+= pimbidir.tgt
> ..
> ..
> noinst_LTLIBRARIES	+= libpimbidirbase.la
> ..
> ..
> # PIMBIDIR
> libpimbidirbase_la_SOURCES = pimbidir_base.hh pimbidir_base.cc
> $(srcdir)/pimbidir_base.hh $(srcdir)/pimbidir_base.cc:
>            \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/common.xif                            \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/cli_processor.xif                     \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/finder_event_observer.xif             \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/mfea_client.xif                       \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/redist_transaction4.xif               \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/redist_transaction6.xif               \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/mld6igmp_client.xif                   \
>                 $(INTERFACES_DIR)/pimbidir.xif
> ..
> ..
> ..
>

> So will you please let us know what may the problem in generation of
> .cc & .hh files?

Did you run ./bootstrap from the top-level XORP directory?
This will generate Makefile.in from the Makefile.am files.
Then running ./configure will generate the final Makefile from
Makefile.in.

Note that you must have installed the autoconf/automake/libtool
tools for ./bootstrap to work.
Also, see README for the versions of the tools we are using. It is
best to install exactly same versions, otherwise there is no
guarantee that it will work.

Regards,
Pavlin