[Xorp-hackers] PIM-Bidir - PIM-SM

Ashish Karpe ashishkarpe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 12:28:59 PST 2007

On 2/12/07, Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin at icir.org> wrote:
> >  Thanks for your precious guidance. we have one more doubt- how do we
> > enable-bidir in config file ?
> >
> > 1) We are planning to add pimbidir(enable) flag in
> > /xorp/etc/template/pimsm4.tp & commands in /xorp/etc/template/pim.cmd
> > 2) we are not able to find out how we can catch this enable flag in the
> > pimsm module?
> >     so that we can achieve switching in between modules!!!
> >     Will you please how it works in the pimsm node!!
> >     we have gone through the documentation of adding process to Xorp but
> > still we  did not get the pin-pointed information in this regard.
>
> Check how a flag like enable-ip-router-alert-option-check has been
> implemented. Of course, you need to add a new XRL to enable/disable
> the Bidir functionality.

       We tried to find enable-ip-router-alert-option-check has been
implemented but we are not able to get it exactly. We even tried
debuging using DDD(degugger). We placed break points in
/xorp/rtrmgr/main_rtrmgr.cc in  try{} where it reads config file !!
But couldn't understand how actually it reads
xorp/etc/templets/pimsm.tp file to crate MasterTempalteTree ( tt ) and
compare/manipulate it _mct(Master Config Tree ) i.e we are not able to
get mechnasim of how it gets enable-ip-router-alert-option-check flag
from config file and pass it on to pimsm module !!
       It will be very helpfull if someone clears us about this flow &
also how should be our approach in achieving it !!

Thank you,
Ashish Karpe.
Chintamani Wandhare.
Shamita Pisal.