[Xorp-hackers] PIM-Bidir - PIM-SM

Mark Handley M.Handley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 12:56:05 PST 2007

The XORP design docs are here:
http://www.xorp.org/design_docs.html
Most of your questions are answered in the rtrmgr design document.

Once you understand how the rtrmgr works, then read "An Introduction
to Writing a XORP Process", also available from the design docs page.
This explains how .xif files work.  The XRLs in the rtrmgr template
file need to be ones in the target process's .xif file.

Then look in xrl/interfaces/pim.xif to see PIM's .xif file.

 - Mark