[Xorp-hackers] Cross Compiling XORP for MontaVista 4.0.1 ARM Target

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Feb 20 09:30:18 PST 2007

> Has anyone done any Cross Compiles for MontaVista 4.0.1 onto an ARM
> Processor?
>
> Any information would be greatfully appreciated.

First you need to get the latest code from XORP CVS, because it
contains fixes for various architectures (including ARM). I.e.,
release 1.3 won't work.

Then please check section 3.8 "Cross-compilation" inside file
BUILD_NOTES (in the top-level directory). The information there is
mostly based on the crosstool toochain http://kegel.com/crosstool/,
but the last two bullets (h) and (i) contain information about
setting the XORP cross-compilation environment.
You should set those variables as appropriate for MontaVista.

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,