[Xorp-hackers] Quick Question on RIP implementation in XORP

Pallavi Gupta guptalavi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 01:10:25 PST 2007

Hello

Just a quick question, RIP was originally designed to send routing
updates in a time driven fashion, by default, every 30 secs. In
Cisco's  implementation, RIP also uses triggerred updates in addition
to the timed updates. I was just wondering if RIP implementation in
XORP uses just the time driven updates or triggered updates as well. I
am curious because if XORP doesnt , then I would like to implement the
triggered updates in RIP in XORP as part of my project. Thanks a
million.

Regards,
Pallavi Gupta,
University College of the Fraser Valley.
www.ucfv.ca