[Xorp-hackers] [Xorp-cvs] XORP cvs commit: xorp/etc/templates

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Mon Feb 26 02:55:53 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:31:13AM +0000, Atanu Ghosh wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/usr/local/www/data/cvs
> Module name:	xorp
> Changes by:	atanu at xorpc.icir.org	2007-02-26 10:31:13 UTC
>
> XORP CVS repository
>

> Modified files:
> 	etc/templates rib.cmds
>
> Log message:
> 	Add OSPFv3 route commands; copy OSPFv2 text and substitute OSPFv2 ->
> 	OSPFv3, ipv4 -> ipv6.
I know this has more to it than just this CVS
commit, but it triggered a few thoughts.

Is it really wise to differentiate OSPFv2 and
OSPFv3 with the ospf[46] keywords?
>From what I've heard there has been talk about
supporting several simultaneous address families
within OSPFv3 just as with IS-IS. Now how would
you configure that if it's called ospf4 and ospf6
?

With ospf[46] it feels like we're abstracting
something that shouldn't have an abstraction layer
over it in the first place. ospf[23] or just ospf
and ospf3 as juniper calls it is fine imho.

Regards,
   Kristian,

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                       SpriteLink [AS39525]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se