[Xorp-hackers] PIM-SM / PIM-Bidir doubt about (*,G) entries.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Feb 27 09:48:59 PST 2007

> > > There is some problem in invoking various XRLs through commands !!
> >
> > Did you add/implement the new commands to pim/pim_node_cli.cc?
> > E.g., see method PimNodeCli::add_all_cli_commands() in that file.
>

>          But we haven't added any new command !! Initially we just want to
> execute same commands those of PIM-SM for Bidir (eg. show pim interface
> address & show pimbidir interface address should execute same command  !! ).

<DEL>

> > > show pimbidir bootstrap {
> > >     %command: "cli/tools/send_cli_processor_xrl -t PIMSM_4 $0" %help:
> > HELP;
> > >     %module: pimsm4;
> > >     %tag: HELP "Display information about PIM-BIDIR IPv4 bootstrap
> > routers";
> > > }

If you use the $0 argument, then you are passing the original
command as typed (i.e., "show pimbidir bootstrap" in the above
example) for interpretation and processing. Hence you must have have
it implemented if you want the above entry to work. However, if you
replace "$0" with "show pim bootstrap" then you will invoke the
processing mechanism for that command.

Regards,