[Xorp-hackers] Doubt on pim bidir for xorp

Mark Handley M.Handley at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 08:45:43 PST 2007

I don't understand what you think the problem is.  A PIM-Bidir router needs
to be able to discover the RPA.  This can be configured or learned via some
bootstrap protocol - same story as PIM-SM.  The only difference is that the
RPA can be a routable address on a subnet, without there needing to actually
be a router (or a host or anything) at that address.  No other router needs
to know whether there is or isn't a router at that address, so long as the
subnet for that address is reachable.

So isn't the answer that there isn't a case to handle?

 - Mark