[Xorp-hackers] NO_ADVERTISE for own messages

Yuval Lifshitz yuvalif at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:49:46 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I use xorp for sending self initialized iBGP messages (from the XRL
interface) in order to change routes at other routers.
In bgp/route_table_filter.cc there is a function, that should prevent the
redistribution of BGP messages when it is not desired by the community:

template<class A> const InternalMessage<A>*
KnownCommunityFilter<A>::filter(const InternalMessage<A> *rtmsg,bool
&modified) const;

The problem is that if I don't want the XRL initiated BGP messages to be
advertized by my peers, they should be initiated with the "NO_ADVERTISE"
community.
And the above function filters them out.
Currently, I just commented out the lines:

// Routes with NO_ADVERTISE don't get sent to anyone else
if (ca->contains(CommunityAttribute::NO_ADVERTISE)) {
   drop_message(rtmsg, modified);
   return NULL;
}

This might cause a problem when I get NO_ADVERTISE messages. Does anyone can
think of a better solution to the problem?

Thanks,

Yuval.