[Xorp-hackers] XORP and Multi-Topology (MT) Routing in OSPF

Jon Andersson jonirucoeith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:11:13 PST 2007

Hi,

Are there any plans to support this in XORP?

I have been looking into the possibillity of doing an implementation of
Multi-Topology (MT) Routing in OSPF (draft-ietf-ospf-mt-08.txt) with XORP
as the framework.

I would like some feedback on a few design issues, mostly related to
roadmap and overall philosophy:

a) Should the design aim for a separate protocol (making it ospf4, ospf6,
ospf4mt...) or configurable extensions to existing implementations?

b) After a look at the XORP architecture, I have (so far) identified
changes (apart from ospf) in RIB, CLI(!) and POLICY.

c) My impression is theat changes to FEA might depend on chosen
implementation. Other changes I would need to make?

Cheers,

Jon