[Xorp-hackers] RIP Updates

Orion Hodson oho at acm.org
Mon Mar 12 19:42:06 PDT 2007

Yes, it does triggered updates and unsolicited periodic updates.  It
is a pretty straightforward implementation of the RIPv2 RFC.  To pre-
empt the next question, yes, it randomizes the intervals between
triggered updates (triggered-delay and triggered-jitter in the
command-line) and the intervals between unsolicited updates (update-
interval and update-jitter in the command-line).

The magic words to look for in the rip directory are 'triggered' and
'unsolicited'.  Most of the code for dealing with these updates is in
port.{hh,cc}.  There are slides from a design talk in the docs/rip
directory that might be helpful.

Cheers
- Orion