[Xorp-hackers] XORP CLI

Ruke Wang Ruke.Wang at citrix.com
Wed Mar 14 16:03:31 PDT 2007

Hi there,

If CLI questions are not expected to this list, please either discard or
redirect me to the proper mailing list.  Thanks.

The XORP CLI looks quite nice and I would like to get it out for another
project.  However, I got myself lost in the way how it works with the
XRL thing when I tried to scope the work since XORP CLI is also a
process, as the other router processes and looks like every router
process handles its own CLI command suits.

What I need is only the CLI part, which parses the template file and
constructs the tree, then read user input/configuration files.  I would
like to get rid of the router manager, module manager, XRL ....  Anybody
can give me a hint on where to start?  I took a look at cli/test_cli.cc,
but did not figure out how to see the added commands.

CLI development documentation will be a great help too.

Thanks,

Ruke