[Xorp-hackers] regarding routing multimedia traffic through XORP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Mon Mar 26 14:13:32 PDT 2007

> What support does XORP specifically have for routing
> multimedia traffic?  I need to route the traffic based
> on some QoS factors. How do I do this through XORP?
> Kindly give me the clue.

No, currently XORP doesn't have QoS support. Within the context of
multicast, it implements IGMP/MLD and PIM-SM so basically you get
just the multicast routing/forwarding.
If the kernel has QoS support, you might be able to do the QoS
configuration outside of XORP, but I haven't looked into that
whether it will really work.

What QoS multicast-related support are you looking in particular
(e.g., RFC number or Internet Draft name)?

Regards,