[Xorp-hackers] (no subject)

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Nov 13 07:50:27 PST 2007

Mallikarjuna <mallikarjuna at ceeyes.com> wrote:

>  I have gone through the source code flow ,could  you explain me the
> following syntax that i have found in xorp  1.4/mld6igmp/xorp_igmp.cc ,
>
>       string finder_hostname =
> FinderConstants::FINDER_DEFAULT_HOST().str();

That's all C++ syntax.

FinderConstants::FINDER_DEFAULT_HOST() is a method inside class
FinderConstants (see libxipc/finder_constants.hh).
It returns IPv4 address (see libxorp/ipv4.hh).
The str() method for the IPv4 address class returns a C++ string.
That string itself is assigned to variable "finder_hostname".

Hope that helps,