[Xorp-hackers] Problems with ppp

Jon jonirucoeith at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:21:55 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a setup where I use ppp towards an external satcom device.

As long as the satcom unit is powered up, all is well, the ppp interface is
recognised by XORP.

BUT, if I turn it off... problems arise. The ppp device is removed from the
system, and XORP removes the vif associated.

When I turn the satcom back on again, the ppp interface is re-established,
BUT it gets a new interface index.

XORP does not seem to take any notice of it.

Has anybody solved this? Either by making the ppp device permanent, or by
getting the XORP to re-discover the interface?

Thanks in advance,

Jon