[Xorp-hackers] xorpsh crash

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Oct 11 14:03:49 PDT 2007

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> I'm getting a repeatable crash in xorpsh (I have not yet added that patch
> that Pavlin sent yesterday...this is just the latest cvs).

Is there a simple procedure how to repeat the crash?

> I think it may be related to the fix for the cli busy-spin when
> scripting, probably the _clock member has been deleted or
> otherwise corrupted:

The particular warning you are seeing below is probably an artifact
of the C++ inheritance for the SystemClock class implementation, so
this might not be the real issue.

Unfortunately, your backtrace doesn't provide much information about
the crash itself. The only issue that comes to mind is that the
CliClient might have been deleted somehow before the timer that
called CliClient::process_input_data(). This is very unlike, because
the timer deletion should have canceled the callback, but is
something you could investigate by adding XLOG message in the
CliClient destructor.