[Xorp-hackers] xorpsh crash

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Oct 11 17:57:28 PDT 2007

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm getting a repeatable crash in xorpsh (I have not yet added that patch
> >> that Pavlin sent yesterday...this is just the latest cvs).
> >
> > Is there a simple procedure how to repeat the crash?
>
> I don't think so...seems it might be a race of some kind...
>
> I'm trying to add a new file to libxorp/ dir to help debug
> this.  I tried editing the Makefile.am and reran ./configure in the
> base dir, but the .cc file is still not being compiled.  What do I
> need to do to make it compile my file?

If you modify any Makefile.am or configure.in file, you must run
./bootstrap
in the XORP top-level directory.
After that you need to run ./configure

Note however that you should have installed the same versions of the
autotools we are using, otherwise the result is unpredictable:

autoconf: 2.61
automake: 1.10
libtool: 1.5.22

Also, see the beginning of the "bootstrap" script for the list of
environmental variables you might need to set if the installed
executables on your machine doesn't match those names:

ACLOCAL=${ACLOCAL:-"aclocal-1.10"}
AUTOCONF=${AUTOCONF:-"autoconf-2.61"}
AUTOHEADER=${AUTOHEADER:-"autoheader-2.61"}
AUTOM4TE=${AUTOM4TE:-"autom4te-2.61"}
AUTOMAKE=${AUTOMAKE:-"automake-1.10"}
LIBTOOLIZE=${LIBTOOLIZE:-"libtoolize"}

Regards,