[Xorp-hackers] WANTS TO TEST THE RIP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Thu Oct 11 22:48:27 PDT 2007

> I have downloaded the live CD.
> Now i want to configure it for RIP only.
>
> What are the diffrent other things i need to configure in order to run this
> CD as router.

You need to configure the network interfaces (the "interfaces"
configuration section), and you need to enable unicast forwarding
(inside the "fea" section). If you need to use routing policy or to
advertise, say static or connected routes, then you need to
configure the policy as well.

> Also tell me the minimum physical environmrnt(network) i need to test this
> router(CD with configured RIP only).

It depends what you need to test.
The simplest topology would be two PCs connected with a single
subnet between them.

Hope that helps,