[Xorp-hackers] OSPF stuck in Exchange state.

Atanu Ghosh atanu at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Oct 22 18:35:23 PDT 2007

    Ben> Atanu Ghosh wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> If you think that the retransmission code has failed then in the
    >> method
    >> "doit()"
    >> bool doit() {
    >> debug_msg("retransmission: %s\n", str().c_str());
    >> return  _rcb->dispatch();
    >> }
    >> Change the debug_msg to "fprintf(stderr," while an adjacency is in
    >> the
    >> state Exchange the master side should be retransmitting every second.

    Ben> I found the ::retransmitter() code in peer.cc, and am compiling logging into
    Ben> it now.  Is this part of the code chain that should be resending the data-description
    Ben> packet?

No - I think this code path is used later after the database
descriptions have been exchanged.

Look at "start_sending_data_description_packets()" at the end you will
see "start_rxmt_timer()". Please note that the slave side of the
transaction does *not* retransmit.

By the way the retransmission is not every second, it's every five
seconds and is taken from the configuration variable
"retransmit-interval".

	 Atanu.