[Xorp-hackers] VLAN support

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Thu Sep 13 07:10:16 PDT 2007

Hello everyone :)

I've seen a few CVS commits recently relating to VLAN configuration. I
would like to know what the current status is of the interface naming
scheme. The current standard has been questioned on several occasions
and I would like to see that the project reaches some form of consensus
on this before just implementing things.

I read through an old thread with the subject 'Some thoughts' which
Hasso started. What is your view on those ideas?

Do you currently have in mind a naming scheme for VLAN and other
"sub-interfaces"?

   Kristian.